The symposium's objective is to bring together global thought leaders and prominent stakeholders in commodities from both academia and industry to discuss their critical thinking and new research related to commodities. The focus of research is on real-world relevance of commodities research with academic rigor.
Sessions are limited to outstanding research and comprise of competitively selected and solicited papers, as well as industry research leaders’ presentations and industry panel discussions. In addition to traditional paper presentation sessions, we will have poster presentation sessions to showcase quality papers.
Submitted papers will be reviewed by the Program Committee, which is primarily composed of our Research Council members. Research Council members include distinguished scholars from Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Yale, and other world top universities, along with industry leaders from Bosch GmbH, Bunge, CME Group, Encana Oil & Gas USA, J.P. Morgan, and Newmont Mining.
3rd Annual JPMCC International Commodities Symposium
August 12 -13, 2019 in Denver, CO
Following a successful symposium in 2018, with the participation of researchers from eight major countries, we are organizing the third annual international commodities symposium at the University of Colorado Denver Business School.
How to submit your paper
Three high-quality papers that were presented at the 2018 symposium are included a special issue of Journal of Futures Markets, a leading finance journal specialized in futures and derivatives. The Journal will again sponsor a special issue for the 2019 symposium. Papers selected for presentations at the symposium with appropriate topics related to futures and derivatives, only at the option of authors, may be considered for the special issue, which would go through the normal review process.
The Best Paper Award grants the authors a prize of $2,000. The Best Discussant Award grants the authors of the paper a prize of $1,000. For the 2019 symposium, papers will be selected by ad hoc committees composed of distinguished scholars in commodities. We invite submissions of completed papers, not abstracts or extended abstracts, from all areas of commodities (e.g., agricultural, energy and mineral).
To submit a paper, please email the PDF file with all authors’ email information to the Organizer and Program Committee Chair Jian Yang at email@example.com. The deadline for 2019 Conference Paper Submission: February 15, 2019. You will be notified if your paper was accepted by March 15, 2019.
Keynote Speakers and Distinguished Participants, partial and confirmed:
- James Hamilton, Robert F. Engle Professor of Economics, University of California at San Diego, and NBER
- Lutz Kilian, Professor of Economics, University of Michigan, and CEPR
- Craig Pirrong, Professor of Finance and the Energy Markets Director for Gutierrez Energy Management Institute, University of Houston
- Bluford Putnam, Managing Director and Chief Economist, CME Group
- K. Geert Rouwenhorst, Robert B. and Candice J. Haas Professor of Corporate Finance, Yale School of Management
- Robert I. Webb, Martin J. Patsel Jr. Research Professor and the Editor of Journal of Futures Markets, University of Virginia
- Frank A. Wolak, Holbrook Working Professor of Commodity Price Studies, Stanford University, and NBER
- Academic Researchers (e.g., Yale, Stanford, Cornell, UPenn, Chinese Academy of Science), Policymakers (e.g., the US Federal Reserve System, Bank of Canada, Inter-American Development Bank, US Energy Information Administration) and industry leaders (e.g., Bosch GmbH, CME, CoBank, J.P. Morgan, Newmont Mining) around the world
If you have any questions, please send email to us: