The evolving digital landscape has completely changed how companies and consumers connect. But digital techniques that do not incorporate the best marketing practices are doomed to fail. Learn how to combine brand-building strategies with traditional and digital tools.
Digital Marketing includes digital advertising, websites, email, online brochures, blogs, digital content, digital PR, and much more. Examples of positions in Digital Marketing include: Content Marketing Specialist, Social Media Manager, and Marketing Automation Coordinator. The demand for employees in these areas of Digital Marketing is especially strong.
This certificate will help you accomplish these goals:
- Career Advancement—Develop new skills in Digital Marketing
- Continuing Professional Education—Gain credit and knowledge for your professional discipline
- Earn MBA electives that apply to the Digital Marketing Certificate
- Earn MS Marketing degree electives that apply to the Digital Marketing Certificate
- Earn Undergraduate and Graduate credit that applies to the 4+1 BSBA/MS Marketing Program
The curriculum for Digital Marketing includes the following required courses. Credit from these courses can be applied to a future graduate degree at the CU Denver Business School. This certificate does require a prerequisite in Marketing (BUSN 6560 or equivalent). Course topics include:
- Brand Identity and Marketing Communications
- Digital Media Analytics
- Hot Topics in Digital Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
Classes start in Fall and Spring.
Upon completing this certificate, you will be able to:
- Develop an Integrated Brand Strategy for digital and traditional media.
- Search Engine Optimization/Marketing – Create a search engine marketing campaign and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Online Advertising –Create an online display ad campaign and measure its ROAS (return on ad spend).
- Web Analytics – Determine the appropriate KPIs for any type of website.
- Email Marketing –Implement best email practices for customer databases.
- Social Media Marketing – Design an effective social media campaign.
- Create a Digital Marketing Plan that supports the Brand Strategy.