In partnership with the Denver Petroleum Club, this certificate is designed to educate professionals within the energy industry and those on the periphery, about the complete lifecycle of oil and natural gas resources. This three-day certificate program is offered every April and September.
Benefits of the program include:
- Gain a strong understanding of the multiple processes, technologies, and components used by geologists and engineers to find and produce fossil fuels.
- Study the relationships between land, finance, marketing, and government, and public relations.
- Learn from experts about key areas such as land and surface issues drilling, upstream marketing, and risk management.
The goal of the course is to provide a high-level understanding of the multiple processes, technologies, and components used by geologists and engineers to find and produce fossil fuels. This 3-day program is easy to fit into your life, and students will receive an official certificate from the University of Colorado Denver upon completion.
Topics covered in this course explore everything from geology to accessing land to drilling to managing risk.
Participate in an extensive oil rig tour and an energy exploration game that challenges you to prepare an investment strategy, lease land, acquire permits, drill, and produce.
Course coverage includes:
- Land management and finance
- Marketing, trading, and geopolitics
- Environmental, health, and safety
The next offering of the Lifecycle of Oil & Natural Gas course will be April 2021. Registration will open in December 2020 and will close once the class fills. Please note: space for the course is limited and typically fills up.
Day 1 at Noble Energy Training Facility (7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
Day 2 at CU Denver Business School (7:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Day 3 at CU Denver Business School (8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.)
Tuition and How to Apply
Admission to this course is open to anyone with an undergraduate degree, and there are no prerequisites to register. Tuition costs $1,524 and includes lunch and transportation to energy site tours. Denver Petroleum Club members receive a $250 discount. For any questions, please contact Michele Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-315-8066.