In partnership with Chevron, this certificate is designed to educate professionals within the energy industry and those on the periphery about the complete lifecycle of oil and natural gas resources. This two-day certificate program is offered every April and September.
Benefits of the program include:
- Gain a strong understanding of the multiple processes, technologies, and components used by geologists and engineers to find and produce fossil fuels.
- Study the relationships between land, finance, marketing, and government, and public relations.
- Learn from experts about critical areas such as land and surface issues drilling, upstream marketing, and risk management.
The goal of the course is to provide a high-level understanding of the multiple processes, technologies, and components used by geologists and engineers to find and produce fossil fuels. This two-day program is easy to fit into your life, and students will receive an official certificate from the University of Colorado Denver upon completion.
Topics covered in this course explore everything from geology to accessing land to drilling to managing risk.
Participate in an extensive oil rig tour and an energy exploration game that challenges you to prepare an investment strategy, lease land, acquire permits, drill, and produce.
Course coverage includes:
- Land management and finance
- Marketing, trading, and geopolitics
- Environmental, health, and safety
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Future of Fossils
The course is set to run Spring 2024 - dates TBD.
Day 1 at Chevron Training Facility (7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
Day 2 at CU Denver Business School (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Tuition and How to Apply
Admission to this course is open to anyone with an undergraduate degree, and there are no prerequisites to register. Tuition costs $1,524 and includes lunch and transportation to energy site tours. For any questions, please get in touch with Michele Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-315-8066.
Discounts are available for specific groups (DPC and WEA) and corporate groups. Please email email@example.com for specific registration instructions.