Shane comes to us from the College of Nursing where he was the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Diversity. He has also worked in admissions, communications, and external relations at Georgetown University and has taught at Georgetown and for the Middle Eastern Partnership Initiative program at the US State Department. We are happy to have Shane come to lead our advising team as our new Assistant Dean of Student Success.
Shane says, "I have been in Colorado for a little over five years now, mostly in Denver, but recently my partner, son, and I, moved out to Golden and closer to the mountains. We love the mountains and being active and outdoors, but definitely enjoy everything that Denver has to offer. We are foodies and cultural enthusiasts and have a passion for traveling the world. I am really excited to be a part of the CU Denver Business School. There is so much potential and opportunity to build and grow from what is already established and with the amazing people and community that are a part of this school."
Awards and Recognition:
- CU Excellence in Leadership (ELP) program participant in 2017
- 2020 Inclusiveness@Work Award, Center for Legal Inclusiveness – finalist nominee (2020)
- Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award, Aurora Chamber of Commerce – group finalist nominee (2019)
- Rosa Parks Diversity Community Award, University of Colorado – group award recipient (2018)
- Staff of the Year, College of Nursing – award recipient (2017)
- Stand-up Award, The University of Colorado – award recipient (2016)
- Selected as a small cohort of campus faculty and staff to attend the National Inclusive Excellence Leadership Academy (2018)